Smokey Mo’s BBQ Supports Schools During and Beyond COVID-19
Smokey Mo’s knows we couldn’t be the best neighborhood BBQ in Texas if it weren’t for the amazing communities that have welcomed us. Since our start 20 years ago, we have made it our mission to get involved and give back wherever we can.
In addition to initiatives to give back to our first responders and the hospitality industry, we’ve also prioritized our involvement with the schools in our communities. We wanted to show our support and appreciation to the administration and staff who have always done their part and were able to go above and beyond during COVID-19 to ensure students were able to continue their education and maintain a sense of normalcy in a very unusual time.
Smokey Mo’s BBQ Austin School Giveback
Our Austin and Conroe locations partnered with local businesses and participated in fundraisers to support schools, students and staff.
- Our Avery Ranch location partnered with a local Chiropractic office to get over 1,900 breakfast tacos to teachers. Our team worked to make 200 tacos every Friday morning for two months this spring, while the chiropractor delivered them to schools in the area. To make the initiative even more exciting, one taco was wrapped with a “golden ticket” and the winning teacher was gifted one pound of our delicious BBQ meat.
- Smokey Mo’s BBQ participates in fundraisers for the bands at both Rouse High School and Cedar Park High School. The fundraiser consists of BBQ plates being sold at a discounted rate to raise funds. Past events have raised over $10,000 each. Unfortunately, our event was canceled last year due to COVID-19, but we look forward to participating in the upcoming school year.
- Our Georgetown and Conroe teams worked hard to donate breakfast tacos to teachers and local schools.
Smokey Mo’s BBQ San Antonio School Giveback
Our San Antonio locations have also been working hard to show their love for the schools in their communities.
- Smokey Mo’s BBQ wanted to support teachers working virtually throughout San Antonio with a contest in honor of Teacher’s Appreciation Day. Community members were asked to nominate their favorite teachers. We received over 200 nominations and multiple winners were chosen throughout San Antonio, Spring Branch, New Braunfels and Boerne. Winners received a week of free lunches at Smokey Mo’s BBQ.
- Our New Braunfels and Spring Branch locations provided 450 BBQ chicken plates to Lifegate Christian School at a discounted rate for their annual fundraiser. They were able to raise over $2,000.
- Our Boerne location donated 160 tacos to show the teachers and staff at KES PTO how much the school and community appreciate them.
- Smokey Mo’s BBQ contributed to the teacher’s Thanksgiving luncheon at Herff Elementary School.
- Smokey Mo’s BBQ also provided gift cards as giveaways at the North East Independent School District (NEISD) 2020 Teacher of the Year Banquet.