Fun Things to Do Around Bexar County this Spring
Whether you’re looking for seasonal fun things to do or activities you can enjoy at any time of the year, we know the local places throughout Comal, Kendall, and Bexar County that are serving up some Texas-sized fun this spring.
Go Local in San Antonio:
From the zoo and aquariums to the parks and museums, finding the fun isn’t hard for San Antonians.
Here are a few of our favorite ideas for every interest and budget:
Fun Things to Do in North San Antonio:
- Take your kiddos to the San Antonio DoSeum. This subterranean museum is an amazing way to spend a day with your family. Guests will love the rock formations and stalactites that adorn the ceilings, plus there’s a cafe for children to eat lunch and enjoy time together.
- Try Extreme Escape Stone Oak for an even more unique experience! This attraction is designed to challenge those 12 and older and is a great way to channel your inner detective.
Fun Things to do in West San Antonio:
- Stop by the San Antonio Aquarium to interact with thousands of species. Whether you want to look and learn or get hands-on with a curated experience – there’s plenty to do for a full day of fun.
- Visit the Hemisfair, an iconic park that houses the Tower of the Americas. You can shop local, attend an event, or simply take in all that the historic site has to offer.
Before you head home (or even between the fun), stop by one of our 4 stores located in San Antonio for some Texas BBQ eats!
Enjoy Texas-Style Fun in Boerne:
- Attend a Saturday Night Rodeo at Tejas Rodeo Company. You can experience an authentic taste of Texas and its Western heritage just a short drive from Boerne tucked in the corner of Bulverde, Texas.
- Take the kids to the Arrows Active Play Park in Boerne. This park offers an indoor playground and activities that will keep your little ones busy for hours.
Embark on an African Safari Near New Braunfels:
- Take a walk on the wild side at the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. You can explore this 450-acre ranch and see over 500 animals in their natural habitat. After your visit, stop by Smokey Mo’s for some delicious BBQ at our New Braunfels store.
Get Outdoors near Spring Branch:
- Spend a day in nearby Canyon Lake. Even when the weather’s cold, there’s still fun to be had with fishing, hiking, or even exploring the local museum or vineyard.
Spring into Seasonal Fun:
St. Patrick’s Day – March 17th
- San Antonio: On March 19th, attend the St. Patrick’s Day River Parade on the San Antonio Riverwalk. 12 decorated floats and Irish-themed entertainment will help you get into the St. Paddy’s Day spirit.
- New Braunfels: Get active at the St. Paddy’s Day 5K & Leprechaun K. Enjoy food, music, and custom medals for the top runners. (Don’t forget to wear green!)
Fiesta – March 31st to April 10th
- Fiesta San Antonio may be a local event, but Texans come from all-around (Boerne, Bulverde, Helotes, and further) for a true cultural experience. This year Fiesta will offer events from concerts to parades to food and art shows. Be sure to grab your commemorative Smokey Mo’s BBQ Fiesta medal!
Easter – April 17th
- San Antonio: Bring your little ones to the Texas Transportation Museum’s annual Easter egg hunt on April 9th. Enjoy the fun of the holiday and learn some Texas history before you go.
Wrap Up the Day with Some San Antonio BBQ Favorites:
When the fun is done, make a pit stop by your local Smokey Mo’s BBQ. Search “BBQ Near Me” to find the location nearest you and come grab your favorite pit-smoked meats, a Texas Frito Pie, or our king of the comfort foods: the Chopped Baker. Pair it with a beer or our signature sweet tea for the perfect way to wrap up a day of adventure.
The PIT is LIT at Smokey Mo’s BBQ!