Fun things to do in Williamson County this winter
At Smokey Mo’s, we know barbecue pairs best with a side of Texas-sized fun. Here’s some of the ways families will be enjoying themselves in Williamson County this winter:
Start with Cedar Park:
- Experience the excitement of a Texas Stars game! Watch them play on their home ice at the Cedar Park HEB Center.
- Visit the Splash Shack. This fun-sized indoor waterpark has a 30-foot-tall structure of slides. Search “BBQ near me”, and you’ll undoubtedly see Smokey Mo’s is less than 5 mins away. It’s in the HEB shopping center on Whitestone.
Check out our menu right here: https://smokeymosbbq.com/menu/
Then head to Round Rock:
- Get into the holiday spirit at Light Up The Lake. This 3-day music and lights festival is at Old Settlers Park. Featuring holiday displays, refreshments, activities, and crafts. This is certain to be fun for the whole family.
- Witness incredible feats of strength at the Rogue Fitness Invitational at the Dell Diamond. Of course, if snacks at the stadium aren’t enough, there are breakfast tacos nearby at Smokey Mo’s. https://smokeymosbbq.com/locations/austin/round-rock/
Pit stop in Georgetown:
- Experience Holiday Magic with the Central Texas Philharmonic and Capital City Ballet. This year, their holiday programme features several numbers from The Nutcracker. In addition, you’ll hear many of your favorite holiday songs and carols.
- At Mel’s Lone Star Lanes, the whole family can bowl, play arcade games, and work up quite an appetite. Luckily, there’s barbecue nearby at Smokey Mo’s Georgetown. https://smokeymosbbq.com/home/
- Harmonize with the whole family at Georgetown Palace Theatre’s Elf the Musical! Showing from November 19th to December 30th.
Don’t forget Liberty Hill:
- Revel in the holiday spirit at Liberty Hill’s annual Christmas Festival. It will be a winter wonderland with a field of real snow, and ice skating rink and photos with Santa!
Mosey on to Leander:
- Whet your palette at the 12th annual Chili Cook-Off on Saturday, Nov 13th. At the same time, support the animals of Texas Humane heroes and enjoy some live music.
- Take a bold start in the new year with Leander’s Polar Bear Plunge on January 2nd, 2022. Swing by Smokey Mo’s on Hero Way West and get yourself some BBQ to help you warm up. https://smokeymosbbq.com/store-locations/
And finally North Austin:
- Visit the Austin Aquarium with the whole family. Afterwards, dig into the family meal deals nearby at Smokey Mo’s just in Avery Ranch on Parmer Lane.
- Immerse yourself in contemporary art at Wonderspaces. This north Austin gem features 12-15 interactive installations that rotate throughout the year.
After any of these activities, stop by one of our Williamson County Smokey Mo’s locations. Search “BBQ Near Me” and come grab some smoked meat and sides. Pair your meal with a beer or some sweet tea and you’ll have the perfect way to wrap up a wintery day in Central Texas!
The PIT is LIT at Smokey Mo’s BBQ!