Top 10 Things to Do In – and Around – San Antonio
Smokey Mo’s BBQ knows more than just smoked meat. After 20+ years in Central Texas, we’ve come to know and enjoy all the fun this great state has to offer. Whether you’re local to the San Antonio area or are planning a visit, we’ve compiled activities to help you make the most of your time!
Top Things to Do in, and around, San Antonio:
- Explore the Cave Without a Name. Just a few miles outside of Boerne, in the heart of Texas Hill Country, lives what has been called the most beautiful cavern in Texas. Tour its six rooms in comfort year-round for an unforgettable adventure.
- Free Your Inner Adventurer. Don Strange Ranch is the home of the San Antonio and Hill County premier rope course. Visit the ranch to try out their Alpine Tower Climb and Zipline ride. They’ve got activities for all levels of adventurers with rope towers, bridges, and a high-speed zipline!
- Enjoy Wine Among the Vines. Located in-between New Braunfels and Spring Branch, Dry Comal Creek Vineyards offers tastings of 100% Texas-made wine on a beautiful outdoor pavilion for the 21+.
- Ride a Horse. Diamond C Stables and Ranch in Boerne has stables of horses for all ages and experience levels. Trail rides are an hour long and start at $50 per rider. Saddle up and enjoy the countryside!
- Tour the Gruene Historic District. Step into history at this former ghost town located in New Braunfels. Featuring nifty shops, timeless restaurants, and the oldest dance hall in Texas.
- Pull into a Drive-in Theater. At the Stars & Stripes in New Braunfels, everything old is new again! Although the all-new theater is modern, it serves up the vintage drive-in experience of long ago, with new double features year-round.
- Visit the Natural Bridge Caverns. Located near Bulverde, the Natural Bridge Caverns are the largest known commercial caverns in Texas. At the deepest part of the tour, you’ll have journeyed 180 feet below the surface where the temperature is 69.8 degrees year-round, making it a great adventure any time of the year.
- Relax in the Japanese Tea Garden. Once an operating rock quarry, this San Antonio destination is now a lush year-round garden with shaded walkways, stone bridges, a 60-foot waterfall, and ponds stocked with Koi.
- Catch a Show. Located in Helotes, TX, John T. Floore’s Country Store brings the joy of music directly to you. Whether you’re there to watch a performance or enjoy one of their themed events, it’s a perfect way to spend the day. (And with Smokey Mo’s Shaenfield located only 15 minutes away, grabbing a good meal before or after an event is easy!)
- Take a Walk. San Antonio offers a variety of walking trails for all activity levels. From Stone Oak Park to Bulverde Community Park, getting back to nature is a simple way to unwind and relax. After you build up an appetite, come on over to your local Smokey Mo’s for smoked BBQ and hearty sides.
When the activities are done, keep the good times rolling at Smokey Mo’s BBQ. Stop by one of our San Antonio area locations, conveniently located within 30 minutes of the activities above, to grab a beer or sweet tea paired with your favorite smoked meat for a perfect way to wrap up the day.
With 16 locations throughout Central Texas, good food is never far off. Search “BBQ Near Me” or visit our website to find a location near you, and come grab some Texas BBQ done right.
The PIT is LIT at Smokey Mo’s BBQ!