10 Fun Fall Events in San Antonio
With cooler weather and longer nights, the fall season is perfect for carving out some time for fun! At Smokey Mo’s BBQ, we’re right at the hub of spooky good times – in San Antonio and beyond.
Fill in your October Calendar with local fall events in San Antonio, Boerne, and New Braunfels:
- Pick out your pumpkin. Find the perfect pumpkin for your front stoop. San Antonio has a wealth of pumpkin patches ready to help you get into the fall spirit!
- Pumpkin Palooza and BOOtanica. The San Antonio Botanical Garden is hosting two events to help you celebrate the changing seasons. Plan ahead for Pumpkin Palooza on October 9th for a celebration of all things pumpkin, or attend BOOtanica on October 23rd from 10am-2pm for early trick-or-treating and hands-on activities.
- Catch a Movie. The Good News Pumpkin Patch will be hosting free movie nights on various dates throughout October. Watch classics like Hocus Pocus or family-friendly flicks like Hotel Transylvania 3. (Dates: October 9, 16, 23, or 30.)
- Celebrate Oktoberfest. Ring in a legendary German tradition festival style! Beethoven Maennerchor, “a little bit of Germany in the heart of Texas,” hosts a family-friendly Oktoberfest on October 1 and 2 and October 8 and 9.
- Get crafty. Shop for handmade arts and crafts at the Art Under the Oaks Fall Festival. Marvel at the work of various artists from paintings to textiles, jewelry, and woodwork on October 30 from 9am-3pm.
- Chalk it up! Pick up your chalk and express your own artistry on the sidewalks at select San Antonio public libraries. Typically held in downtown San Antonio, Artspace Chalk It Up has expanded locations to offer a safe way for the community to participate. This hands-on event features games, music, food, a play zone, and expansive murals – along with artists from around the world. October 9, 10–2pm.
- Attend Fall Fest. New Braunfels residents or visitors can enjoy Fall Fest, located in Camp Fimfo Texas Hill Country. Enjoy seasonal food and drinks, kid-friendly outdoor movies, pumpkin decorating, and more! Fall fest will take place weekends through November.
- Happy Fall Y’all. The Natural Bridge Caverns will be hosting various activities celebrating all the fall season has to offer. Bring your little ones to try the mini-hay maze, hear local musicians, and take advantage of fall photo ops. All free activities will take place every weekend in October.
- Go non-spooky. Bring your little ghouls and goblins to the Zoo Boo! Get musical with the Scarecrow Sing-along Express. Be adventurous with the Cowboy’s Scavenger Hunt. Enter a costume contest. Try Trick-or-Treating. This event takes place daily at the San Antonio Zoo through October 31st.
- Boo-erne Fun. The city of Boerne is hosting two events for all ages. Visit the pumpkin patch October 15–31 from 10am-7pm or Boerne Boo on October 23 from 4pm-7pm, which will have several activities. Come out for a ghoulishly good time!
Celebrate the fall season in Austin with tons of socially distanced, seasonal activities, including pumpkin patches and corn mazes, spooky tours, and more. Visit Do512 for a list of fun, fall activities.
Stop By Smokey Mo’s BBQ For More Fall Fun
After partaking in events in San Antonio and nearby, Smokey Mo’s BBQ offers a great place to go for family-friendly dining at our Evans Crossing, Military Crossing, Shaenfield, Stone Oak, Boerne, New Braunfels, or Spring Branch stores. With 16 stores throughout Central Texas, we’ve got you covered with easy-to-find locations nearby for a before- or after-activity meal.
Plus, this Halloween, Smokey Mo’s BBQ is helping to kick off trick-or-treat night the right way! On October 31st, kids who visit our New Braunfels, Stone Oak, Military Crossing, Evans Crossing, or Shaenfield stores in costume get a free Lil’ Mo Meal! (*Certain restrictions apply. See graphic below.)
No matter what season it is – you’ll always get the best food and great times at Smokey Mo’s!