Have Leftovers from The Holidays? Here Are 21 Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Chef
It’s the day after your holiday celebration and now your refrigerator is filled with leftovers! You could just reheat the leftovers but after a couple of times, the same meal gets old. So, what better time to get into your “Chopped Kitchen” and channel your inner chef!
Here are some smoked turkey recipes to get you inspired and put those leftovers to good use:
- Hot Turkey Panini: This recipe is simple and only takes a few minutes to prepare, making it the perfect quick time meal for your teens! So next time your 13-year-old asks “Mom, what can I eat?” pull this out of your back pocket.
What is needed?
- Leftover turkey; 2 slices of bread; Cooked bacon; Spinach, lettuce, or green blend; Cranberry sauce or raspberry jam; Muenster cheese
- Savory Turkey Pasta: You may not typically think to put turkey and Italian pasta together, but this one is delicious!
What is needed?
- Leftover turkey; Italian seasoning; Pasta (fettucine/spaghetti works great); Heavy Cream; Diced pancetta; Sweet Corn; Fresh garlic
- Sundried Tomato Turkey Roll Ups: A great snack item or appetizer for post-holiday gatherings.
What is needed?
- Whole grain or spinach tortillas; Basil leaves; Sun-dried tomato paste; Leftover turkey; Provolone or cheese of choice; Spinach or green blend
Are none of these recipes sparking your interest? Here are a few others that are worth a try:
- Turkey and Rice Soup
- Stuffing and Turkey Casserole
- Turkey Tortilla Soup
- Thin Crust Turkey Alfredo Pizza
- Turkey Salad
- Buffalo Turkey Sandwich
When you’re in need of a post-holiday turkey detox, Smokey Mo’s has got you covered with a selection of tasty Texas BBQ meats. Find a location near you at www.Smokeymosbbq.com.
Smoked Brisket for the Win
If you are from the south, you know a delicious smoked brisket is not uncommon near the holidays. Smokey Mo’s brisket certainly loves to be the center of attention, but if you are looking for a more untraditional way to enjoy this Texas staple, check out these recipe ideas for leftovers or comfort food meals.
- Smoked Brisket Shepherd’s Pie with Jalapeño Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- Beef Brisket Street Tacos
- Smoked Beef Brisket Chili
- Breakfast Brisket Hash
- Texas BBQ Brisket Nachos
Smokey Mo’s delicious brisket is smoked for 10-12 hours (in-house) and is packed with flavor. Following Texas tradition, we smoke our brisket with post oak wood for a subtle smoky deliciousness. Smoked brisket is served sliced or chopped and is available for purchase by-the-pound or as a meat selection for our combos. Get your brisket fix today at: smokeymosbbq.com!
The options for meat recipes are endless. But, what about the sides? Challenge yourself and get creative with these tasty sides and appetizers.
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Green Chile Mac and Cheese with Texas BBQ
- Stuffing Biscuits
- Turkey and Sides Crunchwrap
- Holiday Nachos
- Turkey, Stuffing and Cranberry Quesadilla
- Turkey and Stuffing Stuffed Peppers
Is your mouth watering yet? Grab the star of your dish from Smokey Mo’s BBQ. With an array of meal selections and 16 locations throughout San Antonio, Austin and Conroe – your Texas BBQ favorites are never far away. For more information, visit our website to find a location near you or click here to order online!