6 Ways to Elevate Your Holiday Get-Together
‘Tis the season to be hosting! It’s that time of year when we bring together our favorite people for some festive fun – and great food! However, pulling off a flawless event can be stressful and doesn’t necessarily give those “merry and bright” feelings. Smokey Mo’s BBQ wants to make your season simpler with a few hosting and food planning party tips, plus holiday event catering.
6 Tips to Help You Be the “Host with the Most”
- Create a Festive Atmosphere. Pick a color, theme, and decorations that make you feel festive. Grab trendy decorations from your local store or get crafty with your creations.
- Add in Holiday Activities. Picking a few holiday games and activities to add to your party’s schedule can help keep spirits high and energy up.
- Set the Scene. Get-togethers tend to run smoother when there is a plan in place. Our motto: preparation is key. Planning food and refreshments, seating, entertainment, and more can help create a flow for your party and keep everyone in attendance (including yourself) enjoying the time together.
- Try Something Different. Whether it’s a unique menu, creative drinks, or a fun spin on classic favorites – doing something different is encouraged. Shake things up and give your guests something to talk about for the weeks to come.
- Get Creative with Concoctions. A festive or themed drink is a great way to get into the holiday spirit for less. Minimize the need for a variety of drinks by providing 1-2 traditional offerings and one signature cocktail that everyone is sure to love. (Check out this list of festive holiday drinks for any age!)
- Plan Your Menu. Nothing says the holiday season is here quite like comfort food. Stacking your planned menu full of tender meats, hearty sides, and decadent desserts is sure to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy (not to mention full)!
If you’re a busy person who loves to entertain but doesn’t have the time to make everything from scratch, why not get some help? Partner with a trusted caterer. You can count on the caterer for the main meal and add in your special extras. Best of all, with someone else doing the cooking, you can leave the kitchen, join the party, and have a good time with your guests.
Holiday Catering from Smokey Mo’s BBQ
Whether you’re planning a small family dinner, a large gathering, or a full-fledged event – Smokey Mo’s BBQ can help you reduce stress this holiday season. With customizable packages to fit every event type and size, there’s something for everyone.
A Selection of Merry Meats!
Traditional, Tasty Sides! (Available by the Pint, Quart, or Gallon.)
- Green beans with Bacon
- Creamed Corn
- Buttered Potatoes
- Mac & Cheese
- And more
- Banana Pudding
- Texas-Style Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Chunk Cookie
With Smokey Mo’s at your service, you can relax, enjoy your guests, and create a fun – and carefree – holiday party.
Happy Holiday Season from Smokey Mo’s BBQ!