We’re all in this together. In efforts to slow the spread of coronavirus, “social distancing” – staying at least six feet from each other – is the new normal. With schools and some businesses closed, offices offering remote work options, and outside activities suspended, many of us are, for now, staying in our homes 24×7.
At Smokey Mo’s BBQ, we believe social distancing doesn’t have to mean social detachment. It’s a time to enjoy “in-house” family activities, catch up with friends through videochats, and hunker down in creative ways.
Here are 10 suggestions:
- Connect virtually. Even though face-to-face visits are on hold, communication technologies are in full throttle. Call, text, Facetime, Skype, IM – however you like to reach out, it’s a prime time to stay connected with your favorite people.
- Be a bookworm. Get lost in a story. Dig in the old-fashioned way, book in lap – or listen to an audiobook.
- Binge-watch Netflix. Streamline your favorite shows from your easy chair. Or use Netflix Party to connect with friends and watch shows together online.
- Take a virtual museum tour. Visit Google Arts & Culture for more than 500 museums and galleries you can tour virtually.
- Play a new game. From “balloon tennis” to “cottonball crawl,” Pinterest is a goldmine of indoor games that will keep your family moving.
- Learn another language. If you’ve wanted to learn to converse in, say, Spanish, Swahili, or Scottish Gaelic, now is the time. Duolingo offers a free app that makes it easy and fun.
- Get fit. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Fitness Blender provide an array of home-friendly workout videos and tutorials.
- Visit nature. A walk outside can bring a refreshing change of pace and an uplifting exchange with fellow explorers – from a safe distance, of course.
- Upgrade your cooking skills. Line up the pots, pans, and mixing bowls! Free online cooking lessons will expand your culinary horizons. (Grab one of our signature meats by the pound to-go to provide a delicious protein base for your recipe!)
- Order in. Skip the cooking altogether and order in – or take out – a marvelous meal.
Beat the Stay-at-Home Blues With BBQ
In these challenging times, a restaurant meal at home is an excellent option for keeping your family happy and safe. Smokey Mo’s has you covered with mouthwatering meats, satisfying sides, comfort-food classics, and delectable desserts.
In April, we’re offering a family special. With the purchase of an adult entrée, kids under 12 eat free off the Lil Mo’s menu. And we’re discounting family packs 10 percent.
Order in through Uber Eats or Door Dash. Both offer a no-contact delivery option. Use our new ordering app for in-store or curbside pick-up. Or visit your neighborhood Smokey Mo’s for drive-thru service (available at all but our Stone Oak location). From wearing gloves to regularly disinfecting, our staff have been thoroughly trained in leading practices to maximize safety in fulfilling your food order.
Stay safe, be healthy, and eat abundantly with Smokey Mo’s!
Make your holiday season easier – let us do the cooking! Pre-order your Holiday Smoked Turkey or Feast To-Go today!