New year, new decade, new kinds of fun! Looking for activities and things to do? Central Texas is serving up plenty of exciting excursions for the adventurous.
Here are our top 11 picks for having “Mo’ Fun” in 2020:
- Explore a cave. Just a few miles outside of Boerne, in the heart of Texas Hill Country, Cave Without a Name has been called the most beautiful cavern in Texas. Tour its six rooms in comfort year-round.
- Free your inner adventurer. Don Strange Ranch is the home of the San Antonio and Hill County premier rope course. Visit the ranch to try out their Alpine Tower Climb and Zipline ride. They’ve got activities for all levels of adventurers with rope towers, bridges, and a high-speed zipline!
- Ride a horse. Diamond C Stables and Ranch in Boerne has stables of horses for all ages and experience levels. Saddle up and enjoy the countryside!
- Tour the Gruene Historic District. The former ghost town in New Braunfels features shops, restaurants, and the oldest dance hall in Texas.
- Pull into a drive-in theater. At the Stars & Stripes in New Braunfels, everything old is new again! Although the all-new theater is modern, it serves up the vintage drive-in experience of long ago, with new double features year-round.
- Relax in the Japanese Tea Garden. Once an operating rock quarry, this San Antonio destination is now a lush year-round garden with shaded walkways, stone bridges, a 60-foot waterfall, and ponds stocked with Koi.
- Skydive indoors. It’s been called “the most fun you can have in under two hours.” iFly in San Antonio, a modern indoor skydiving venue, makes dreams of flying come true.
- Experience the magic. The Magicians Agency Theatre in San Antonio stages award-winning magic, illusion, and variety shows.
- See the story of Texas. Explore Texas history the first Sunday of every month at the Bullock Museum in Austin, with free admission throughout the day. Three floors of exhibitions showcase artifacts from around the state.
- Climb the walls. Take a class and get a workout at the Austin Bouldering Project – rock climbing without using ropes or harnesses. The world’s largest “bouldering gym,” the facility features 250 rotating configurations across 50,000 square feet.
- Ever heard of geocaching? Central Texas has hundreds of hidden caches! Head out on a sunny day and bring along the gang for this new age treasure hunt.
Cozy Up to Fabulous Food at Smokey Mo’s
Who said the exploration has to end after the activities are done? In between jaunts, stop by one of Smokey Mo’s 16 locations throughout Central Texas to try something new from our extensive BBQ menu. And with our daily specials, you can test out a few different dishes Monday through Friday, such as our signature Chopped Baker or Brisket Frito Pie! Don’t forget to check-in on Yelp when you visit us in-store at any of our San Antonio locations to receive a code for a free breakfast taco or wrap. Use it right away or save it to kick off your next day of fun on the right foot! Things to do, foods to try, and fun to be had!
Smokey Mo’s has just the right fare to jumpstart your adventures in 2020!