How do you spell fall in central Texas? F-U-N. At Smokey Mo’s, we’re right at the hub of fun times – in San Antonio and beyond.
To help you fill in your October calendar, we’ve put together this list of local family-friendly activities:
- Pick out your pumpkin. Find the perfect pumpkin for your front stoop. San Antonio has a wealth of pumpkin patches to delight the whole family!
- Meet a scarecrow. Take to the trail and greet a lively lineup of scarecrows. It’s the perfect family photo opp. At the San Antonio Botanical Garden throughout October.
- Dress up your pet. Enter your pet to win cash prizes – up to $1,000 – in the Thomas J. Henry Bark in the Park Pet Costume Contest and Expo. All proceeds benefit local animal shelters and rescue organizations. At the Sunken Garden Theater, October 5, 4pm–9pm.
- Celebrate Oktoberfest.Ring in a legendary German tradition festival style! Beethoven Maennerchor, “a little bit of Germany in the heart of Texas,” hosts a family-friendly Oktoberfest October 6 and 7 and October 13 and 14.
- Get crafty. Shop for handmade arts and crafts on the River Walk at the Fall Arts and Crafts Show. Marvel at the work of more than 40 artists, from pottery and paintings to textiles, jewelry, and woodwork. At the River Walk Extension near the Chamber of Commerce, October 11–13.
- Chalk it up! Pick up your chalk and express your own artistry on the sidewalks of downtown San Antonio. This hands-on event features games, music, food, a play zone, and expansive murals – along with artists from around the world. Downtown Houston Street, October 12, 10–4pm.
- Walk the Pumpkin Path. Stroll with the kids down a one-of-a-kind, candle-lit Pumpkin Path at Circle Fest. Immerse yourselves in folk tales and live music, along with a tween-friendly Haunted House. At the Circle School near The Witte Museum, October 19, 4–8pm.
- Dance to the music. Revel in Mala Luna, the largest annual music festival in San Antonio, featuring leading hip-hop, R&B, and dance music artists. At the Nelson W. Wolff Municipal Stadium, October 26–27.
- Go non-spooky. Bring your little ghouls and goblins to the zoo! Paint pumpkins. Frolic in a hay maze. Enter a costume contest. At the San Antonio Zoo, Saturdays and Sundays, 10am–6pm, through October 27, and Halloween, 4–8pm.
- Catch Cats! Catapult into a purrrfect performance of Cats, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s feline masterpiece. On stage at the Majestic Theater, October 29 through November 3.
Stop by Smokey Mo’s BBQ for More Fall Fun
If you’re looking for family-friendly dining to or from your fall event, Smokey Mo’s BBQ is the place to go. Visit us at our Evans Crossing, Military Crossing, Shaenfield, or Stone Oak locations in San Antonio.
You’ll find great barbecue, scrumptious sides, delectable desserts, and just the right setting to talk through the day’s adventure – or plan the next one!
No matter what season it is – you’ll always get the best food and great times at Smokey Mo’s!