School is back in session. After a long day of working, shuttling kids, and/or running errands in the Texas heat – the last thing you want to do is worry about dinner.
We’ve all been there.
If your fridge is bare or you just want to skip the hassle that comes with the prep and clean up of cooking dinner – a delivery from Smokey Mo’s BBQ is just what the doctor ordered. Save yourself a trip to fetch groceries or pick up carryout. Just order in through Door Dash or Uber Eats and kick your feet up.
Take this School Year by Storm
Life gets busy when the school bells start ringing. Make the back-to-school transition a little smoother with these tips for parents:
- Set regular weekday wakeup calls and bedtimes. A set schedule helps kids prepare for the day and remain well-rested.
- Summer may be over, but the fun doesn’t have to end! Get the kiddos involved in after-school programs to help keep them active.
- Help your kids exercise their brain muscles with flashcards and other fun learning resources.
- Encourage your kids to pick out their school clothes and pack their school bags the night before. This will help reduce the morning rush.
- During homework time, let your kids take a short break after each assignment. This will help them stay focused. Remember to remove distractions such as televisions from homework areas.
- Create a list of fun after-school activities to help keep your kids entertained and break up the monotony throughout the week. This blog from Care.com offers some great ideas!
- Family time is important. Set a specific time every day where the family can unwind and catch up. (Dinners are a great opportunity to do just that!)
Don’t worry college students. We’ve got your back too! Check out these tips to help you rock this school year!
- Set your alarm across the room. You don’t want to oversleep on the first day of school. Since most people use their cellphone as their alarm clock – there’s an added benefit. Nighttime phone usage can negatively impact your sleep, so putting your phone across the room is a great way to ensure you’re getting a full night’s rest!
- Get organized. Ensuring that everything has a place will help you save a lot of time, stress, and hassle later on.
- Find your study place. Take some time to explore your campus and determine a few quiet spots that can help you focus and get things done.
- Fight procrastination. It’s easy to put things off until the last minute, but doing so can make handling your workload impossible. Use an organizer to keep track of your homework and stick to the deadlines you set. Avoiding procrastination can help you stay focused, happy, and worry-free.
- Eat healthy. Exercise. Make time for YOU. And when the coursework gets crazy – remember, Smokey Mo’s is here with the comfort food to help you through it!
Send in the BBQ
Whether it’s just you, you and another, you and your family, or you and a flock of friends, Smokey Mo’s delivers something for everybody.
A medley of meats, from tender brisket to juicy chicken and savory baby-back ribs. Satisfying side dishes, like green beans, potato salad, and gooey mac n’ cheese. Can’t go wrong with a Frito pie or Chopped Baker! Finish it off with delectable desserts, like rich chocolate cake or lush banana pudding.
Stop by – or order delivery from – the best BBQ restaurant in Texas, Smokey Mo’s!