Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!
Picnic season is at its peak. Time for an outdoor party with family and friends! Soak up the sunshine and fresh air. Take a long walk. Lay down the blanket, and bring on the chow! Smokey Mo’s will pack you a splendid picnic spread.
Find the Perfect Place
Who doesn’t love eating in the great outdoors? Parks are perfect places for that, and central Texas has an abundance of parks to choose from. Check out our picks for the best picnic spots:
- Boerne City Park. Stroll along the river. Feed the ducks. Enjoy tennis, baseball, soccer, and swimming.
- Brackenridge Park. Revel in lush picnic areas, along with fishing, wildlife, golfing, and playgrounds for the kids. Brackenridge Park is home to some of San Antonio’s best-loved destinations, from the Japanese Tea Gardens to the Brackenridge Golf Course.
- Government Canyon State Natural Area. Tote along your hiking shoes and trek through more than 40 miles of scenic trails. Picnic by day and camp out at night.
- Landa Park. Take a peaceful walk throughout the park’s 51 acres. Picnic under giant oak trees. Tour the lake on a paddleboat.
- McAllister Park. Explore 25 miles of hiking, biking, and running trails—along with a fenced park for your four-legged friends! McAllister Park offers 179 picnic spots on nearly 1,000 acres.
- San Antonio Botanical Garden. Delight in 38 acres of seasonal blooms. Take in a variety of attractions and adventures at the Family Adventure Garden.
- San Pedro Springs Park. Catch a bit of history at the oldest park in San Antonio – and the second-oldest park in the U.S. Take a dip in the park’s natural spring-fed pool, open throughout the summer.
- The Park at Pearl. Relax and enjoy a performance on the San Antonio River. Pearl Park features a 1,000-seat amphitheater overlooking the river and San Antonio’s newly extended Museum Reach area.
- Woodlawn Lake Park. Swim, fish, and explore more than 30 acres of land on the lake. The park offers spectacular scenery and a peaceful picnic atmosphere.
Make Smokey Mo’s Your Picnic Partner
Before you head to the park, swing by one of Smokey Mo’s 16 locations and load up your picnic basket! Order from our extensive menu of delicious meats, delightful sides, and delectable desserts. Our Family Packs are perfect for picnics.
With Smokey Mo’s, picnicking can be a “walk in the park”!