Food, Fun, Friends, Family…and BBQ!
We’re halfway through summer, but there is still plenty of time for fun before school starts! Get your family and friends together to make some memories with these perfect summertime activities. Want to make the days even more delightful? Stop by – or order delivery from – Smokey Mo’s BBQ!
Wrap Your Summer Up the Right Way
1. Summer Traditions. The warmer months host a variety of fun activities from swimming to relaxing while enjoying an ice-cold popsicle on a hot day. Kick-back and make some memories with some of our favorite summer traditions!
2. Host a Backyard BBQ Party. What better way to close out summer than with a BBQ party? The best summer memories are often made in your own back yard – with friends gathered, meats grilling, and conversations sizzling. We’ve got the grilling tips to help you be deemed the host with the most or take the easier route and get it catered. (We won’t tell.)
Want to kick your summer barbecue up a notch? Try one of these themed party ideas:
- Backyard Dinner Party. Opt for a fun backyard dinner party in the early evening! Send out stylish dinner party invitations, set a classy tablescape, decorate your backyard, and encourage your guest to get dressed up. Just add friends, BBQ, and good conversations for a great evening!
- Outdoor Movie Marathon BBQ. Spend a relaxing night with friends and family watching your favorite flicks! Grab some comfy chairs (blankets work great too), set out the BBQ eats, bring out a projector or TV…and let the good times roll!
- Western BBQ Party. This is your chance to show your family and friends what Texas barbecue is all about! Try your hand at more slow-cooked meats such as brisket and add some flair to your more traditional BBQ food by adding a variety of sauces to the mix. Decorate your backyard with Western signs, hay, cacti, and barn-like décor. Encourage your guests to get dressed up and channel their inner Westerner. It’ll be a boot-scootin’ good time!
3. Take a Trip. Whether your plans are to travel far or stay close to home – a weekend trip is a perfect way to spend some quality time with your favorite people. From the Riverwalk to Jacob’s Well – the San Antonio, New Braunfels, and Boerne areas are a short drive from all of the fun!
Pursue Your Happiness at Smokey Mo’s
When the fun is done, stop into one of Smokey Mo’s 16 locations to refuel. Or order in from Door Dash or Uber Eats. Bask in our lean brisket; tender chicken and turkey; and juicy sausage. Make it a meal with scrumptious sides, from crisp coleslaw to buttered potatoes. And top it all off with a delectable dessert.