Best friends are for life. The longer you’ve been friends with someone, the more special the relationship. Celebrate your unique “bestie” bond on any day of the week – with a BBQ meet-up at Smokey Mo’s!
Famous Best Friends
When it comes to best friendship, these well-known duos, past and present, are surely “food for thought”:
- Elizabeth I and Mary Dudley. Mary Dudley, a lady-in-waiting in the court of Queen Elizabeth I, nursed the queen through a deadly battle with smallpox in 1562. They stayed best friends even after Mary left the queen’s court in 1579.
- George Washington and General Henry Knox. Washington met Knox during their mutual service in the Revolutionary War. America’s first president said of Knox, “There is no man in the United States…[with] whom I have had a greater friendship.”
- Groucho Marx and T.S. Elliot. The comedian and the Nobel-prize-winning author shared a love of literature. Marx wrote that he and Elliot had three other affections in common: cats, puns, and good cigars.
- Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert. Although these two tennis greats were huge rivals across the net, they were – and are – best friends off the court. They often call each other in the middle of the night just to chat.
- Brad Pitt and George Clooney. One of Hollywood’s most famous friendship pairings, Pitt and Clooney have been called “the Bromance of the Ages.” They’ve starred in several movies together, and their war of pranks is the stuff of Tinseltown legend.
- Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King. These two have been best buds since 1976, while they worked together at a television station in Baltimore, MD. Oprah has said of Gayle, “She is the mother I never had. She is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend everybody deserves. I don’t know a better person.”
Treat Your Best Friend to Delicious BBQ
Celebrate that special someone who’s always been there for you. Treat your bestie to breakfast, lunch, or dinner at Smokey Mo’s! Or kick back together with a movie at home – and a Smokey Mo’s delivery from Door Dash or Uber Eats. Nothing says friendship like BBQ!