Celebrate your mom any day of the year and treat her to something special – like a babrbecue feast at Smokey Mo’s BBQ!
While our dining rooms remain closed, we’re still offering delivery, take-out, and curbside pick-up services. Drive-thru is also available at select locations.
Place your order for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and enjoy some delicious BBQ and quality one-on-one time with that special woman in your life. Give her a day off from her motherly duties with a delectable array of food and the companionship she’s adored from Day 1 – yours!
DIY Gift Options & Activities
Don’t let recent events keep you from celebrating your mom the right way! Check out some of our favorite do-it-yourself gift ideas and simple, entertaining activities you can do while staying safe indoors!
- Stay-at-Home Spa Package. Buy a small basket, some colorful confetti or tissue paper, and some of your mom’s favorite items such as face masks, hand scrubs, or bath bombs. Throw it together with a card for an easy-made spa day gift! Check out this blog by Curbly to create your perfect basket!
- Beaded Jewelry. These jewelry pieces can be a gift or the perfect activity to do together! Purchase some beads in a style you love and of different sizes so that you can mix and match. Choose the wire or string you’ll use for your bracelet. (Make sure the material can support the beads you purchase.) Follow these instructions to make beautiful beaded jewelry in a design that’s unique to you for the most important woman in your life!
- Mason Jar Candy Holder. Does your mom have a favorite sweet treat? Then a mason jar candy holder is the way to go! Grab a mason jar, some decorative items such as ribbons or jewels, and your mom’s favorite snacks. Decorate the jar and put the candy inside for a fast and fun gift!
Looking for other creative gift ideas? Check out this blog from Crazy Little Projects to find the perfect gift for your mom!
Find the perfect way to celebrate your mom this Mother’s Day while staying safe and indoors with these ideas from Good Housekeeping.
It’s the Restaurant Industry’s Busiest Day
Mother’s Day draws more traffic to restaurants than any other day of the year – about 87 million diners, according to the National Restaurant Association.
Here are a few other fun facts about moms to share with your mom:
- The American incarnation of Mother’s Day – always the second Sunday in May – was created in 1908 and became an official US holiday in 1914.
- The US has about 43.5 million moms. They’ve collectively mothered 95.8 million children.
- In almost every language, the word for mother begins with the letter M or is some version of the word ma. Why? It’s the first sound a baby can vocalize.
- One of the earliest celebrations of Mother’s Day was in ancient Greece when Rhea – goddess of fertility, motherhood, and generation – was celebrated in the spring.
- More phone calls are made on Mother’s Day than any other day of the year – around 122 million calls in the US alone.
- After Christmas and Hanukkah, more people buy flowers and plants for their moms on Mother’s Day than any other holiday. Time-honored flower for the occasion? The carnation.
Treat Your Mom to Smokey Mo’s
Join us next year to indulge in delicious BBQ specials with the number one lady in your life!