“Nothing is certain except death and taxes,” Ben Franklin said. At Smokey Mo’s BBQ, we see things differently: Nothing is certain except dessert and taxes.
Let’s face it. Tax Day is rarely a treat for any of us. . .but it can be with a visit to Smokey Mo’s on April 15! Stop by one of our 16 central Texas locations and enjoy a delicious dessert for half the price that day, certain to hit your sweet spot.
Desserts Are Always With Us
Sweets have been a special delight since ancient civilization when our ancestors indulged in fruits and nuts candied with honey. Since then, through imagination and experimentation, new sweet concoctions are always emerging. Here are a few dessert milestones:
- 3,000 BC: Flavored ice, the predecessor to ice cream, is scooped out in China.
- 300 AD: Cane sugar is extracted and refined.
- 600s: Cookies appear in Persia.
- 1381: Apple pie takes shape, featuring the ingredients of “good apples, good spices, figs, raisins, and pears,” all in a casing of pastry.
- 1400s: Gingerbread, made by soaking bread crumbs in honey and spices and pressing the paste into molds, is all the rage at European festivals.
- 1600s: Pralines are created in France using almonds, cream, sugar, and caramel.
- 1806: Lemon meringue pie is dreamed up in Philadelphia, PA.
- 1828: Cupcakes make their debut.
- 1950s: Carrot cake is baked by the bunches, thanks to a post-War excess of canned carrots.
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth at Smokey Mo’s
“Desert” your woes on April 15. Enjoy a homemade dessert at Smokey Mo’s – for half price! We serve up an array of delicious sweets, from scrumptious cookies and brownies to rich chocolate cake, fresh fruit cobbler, irresistible pecan pie, and creamy banana pudding. It’s just the right way to top off a BBQ feast with us – or enjoy a sweet treat all by itself, with a steaming cup of coffee.
Have yourself a merry little Tax Day!